Our Way Program
In 2010, Higgins implemented the ‘Our Way’ program across all business operations. This ongoing continuous improvement program aims to empower our team to achieve consistently high performance standards.
Successful, engaged, committed people are at the heart of any successful business. The 'Our Way’ program is designed to support and empower Higgins teams to bring about continuous improvement to their operations in the areas of safety, quality and environmental management. Major components of the program are:
- Continuous improvement Database and Performance Measurement System - a system that captures, evaluates and implements improvement suggestions and a program that identifies risks and negative events such as near misses and accidents.
- Effective risk management processes
- High level process planning
- Knowledgeable, trained staff
- High standards for the delivery of customer services
- Staff ownership and participation in an open, supportive work environment that promotes effective communication between work groups and functions.