Rangitikei District Council Road Network Maintenance Contract
The Rangitikei network covers a large area, from the Kaimanawa’s to the Ruahine Ranges through to the Rangitikei River, Tasman sea and the Whangaehu River.
Consistent with this large contract area, the terrain is varied from coastal roads to hills and includes Bulls, Marton and Taihape.
As well as maintaining over 1222km of seal/unsealed/rural/urban roads, Higgins is also responsible for asset management and reporting alongside:
- Bridges and Structures.
- Contract Management Plans and Safety, Quality and Environmental Management systems.
- Culverts, drainage systems and sumps.
- Urban and Rural Pavement rehabilitation
- Resurfacing practice and strategy.
- Sealed/ Unsealed pavements.
Higgins works collaboratively on this contract to ensure efficiencies across the Rangitikei, Horowhenua and Manawatu districts.