Join the team
Higgins is a great place to work and offers a wide range of benefits.
Professional development & opportunity
- Significant career opportunities across Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building business
- Financial assistance to study for permanent employees and their dependents
- Training, mentoring and career planning.
- Staff discounts at Fletcher Building’s Placemakers and Mico stores
- A wide range of other discounts including Hirepool, PB Tech, Toyota, a range of banks, Spec Savers, Hertz & Thrifty rental cars, Z Energy, Office max, discounted childcare in Auckland and Christchurch at Child’s Time Child Care to name a few.
- Discounted Medical Insurance
- Welfare support when in need from the Fletcher Building Employee Welfare Fund
Inclusion & diversity / wellbeing
- Fletcher Building believes in a workplace where differences in gender, gender identity, age, race, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background are welcomed and included.
- In 2015 we were New Zealand’s first construction and building materials company to achieve the Rainbow Tick accreditation.
- We are a principal sponsor of the First Foundation and Tupu Toa, which focus on development and work opportunities for indigenous youth and those from challenging backgrounds.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is available to provide independent, confidential counselling support
- Our Māori leadership program, Whakatupu, is developing a pipeline of Māori leaders.
- We participate in the Growing Pasifika Niu leadership programme to grow our pipeline of Pacific leaders.
- We work with universities, NAWIC, and GirlBoss to promote more females in our industry.
Respected growing business
- Higgins is a well-resourced, financially stable, highly experienced specialist civil infrastructure business which is well placed to continue its growth within the developing and increasing sophisticated NZ infrastructure industry. There’s no better time to join our business.
- We're proud of our open and inclusive culture based on our company values.We may be getting larger but we have the heart of a small business - honesty, integrity and respect form the basis of the way we work with people.
Positive and challenging environment
- We set high standards of achievement and provide a challenging, but supportive team environment. We value individuals with ideas and the energy to see ideas through.
- We work alongside local communities to provide support and resources for community improvement projects.
Delivering with pride
- We take great pride in the quality of our workmanship and the quality of the service we provide. Higgins has a ‘customer number one’ focus, aiming to always deliver to delight our customers and community.