Join the team
Here are ten good reasons why a career with Higgins could be right for you.
1. Respected growing business– as a well-resourced, financially stable, highly experienced specialist civil infrastructure business, Higgins is well placed to continue its growth within the developing and increasing sophisticated NZ infrastructure industry. There’s no better time to join our business.
2. Our culture – we're proud of our open and inclusive culture. At the heart of our company are our Higgins values formed by the Higgins family. These values are the reason for our growth over the years and why so many people stay with our business for so long. We may be getting larger but we have the heart of a small business - honesty, integrity and respect form the basis of the way we work with people.
3. Career development - within our business we provide individuals with the autonomy to make decisions, make a difference and grow as a person. We support and encourage people to undertake further training to expand their skills and provide opportunities for people to get exposure to roles in different parts of the country to advance their experience. Higgins is a member of the Fletcher Building family of companies providing staff with opportunities to further your career in other Fletcher Building companies.
4. Positive and challenging environment – we set high standards of achievement and provide a challenging, but supportive team environment. We value individuals with ideas and the energy to see ideas through.
5. Community - we work alongside local communities to provide support and resources for community improvement projects. It’s not something we widely promote as it’s just something we do, as part of the communities we live in- just like so many other businesses in communities throughout New Zealand.
6. Ethics and responsibility – our most serious responsibility is the care and safety of the people who work for Higgins. We invest in the highest level of systems and resource to ensure risks are minimised and the environment we work in is protected. We manage our staff with respect and integrity, consistent with our core values.
7. Health and wellbeing – we are supportive of our staff in times of need and amongst other measures we provide all staff with a comprehensive annual health check and discounted Southern Cross health insurance to all permanent staff and their families.
8. Job variety - we deliver a wide and diverse range of projects every year from major infrastructure projects to large maintenance contracts to smaller local body and community infrastructure.
9. Delivering with pride - we take great pride in the quality of our workmanship and the quality of the service we provide. Higgins has a ‘customer number one’ focus, aiming to always deliver to the exacting requirements of our customers and community.
10. Part of the Fletcher Building team – Higgins is a member of the Fletcher Building Group which provides permanent staff a range of discretionary benefits to support staff including a FB Parental Benefit, Employee Welfare Fund and Employee Educational Fund.