Design, construct & deliver
We work collaboratively with clients and partners to design and build a wide range of community infrastructure.
We are experienced in the design and build of:
- motorways and state highways.
- urban and rural roads.
- commercial building and housing subdivisions.
- windfarm infrastructure.
- runways for international airports and the RNZAF.
- hard-stand container handling yards for shipping ports.
- Olympic standard athletic and cycle tracks.
- international standard Hockey feilds.
- car-parks, driveways and tennis courts.
Higgins offer a comprehensive civil contracting service to our clients by handling all aspects of a contract from earthworks to drainage, sub-grade improvement and shaping, pavement construction, pavement stabilisation and rehabilitation, kerbing, traffic services and signage, sealing, road milling, asphalt paving, roading, and road maintenance.
We are experienced partners in the construction of complex motorway alliance and joint venture contracts involving challenging access, traffic management, and surfacing construction issues. Recent major projects include:
- Victoria Park Tunnel Alliance, Auckland
- Dowse to Petone (D2P) Joint Venture, Wellington
- Manukau Harbour Alliance, Auckland
- Westwind Windfarm Infrastructure, Wellington
Higgins Projects Division
Our Projects Division is a specialist arm of our business which is responsible for the delivery of major projects such as wind farm infrastructure, airport runway / hardstand construction and targeted road projects.
Our experienced staff are responsible for leading a contract and can draw on the resources of Higgins' manufacturing divisions such as Higgins Concrete and Higgins Aggregates, along with other subcontractors. These companies can be formally subcontracted together which allows Higgins' Projects Division to operate independent of the local contracting operations and will ring-fence the delivery of each specific project.
Contact: David Rubery, Higgins Contractors - Projects Division Manager
P: 06 357 1025 M: 027 271 2961